The Explorers Club
6 E. 70th St.
Now in 26 chapters around the world, this club was originally organized in New York City in 1904 (women were allowed to enter in 1981). A series of public talks keep alive the spirit of adventure and exploration.
- Ice Ghosts: The Epic Hunt for the Lost Franklin Expedition - Mon., Mar. 27, 2017 - 6:00 pm
- Tides: The Science and Spirit of the Ocean - Mon., Apr. 3, 2017 - 6:00 pm
- Film Screening - Jungles in Paris - Thu., Apr. 6, 2017 - 6:00 pm
- Manned Submersibles Open the Ocean to a New Era of Individual Exploration - Mon., Apr. 10, 2017 - 6:00 pm
- The Wasting of Borneo: Dispatches From a Vanishing World - Mon., Apr. 17, 2017 - 6:00 pm