Museum of Jewish Heritage
36 Battery Pl.
Explore modern Jewish history, life and culture in this institution’s unique Core Exhibition. Award-winning special exhibitions present the broad tapestry of Jewish life in the 20th and 21st centuries—before, during and after the Holocaust. The MJH differs from other institutions of memory by telling the story of the Holocaust through first-person histories and personal objects.Other features of the museum include Voices of Liberty, a soundscape of inspiring stories of immigration in a gallery with a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, and the outdoor contemplative space of Andy Goldsworthy’s Garden of Stones, the artist’s only permanent installation in New York City.Acclaimed programs—including films, talks, plays, concerts and family activities—highlight the richness of Jewish culture and ideas.
- DOUBLE FEATURE: Voices from the Attic (1989, 59 min.), Echoes from the Attic (2016, 35 min.) - Tue., May. 3, 2016 - 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Yom HaShoah Program - Wed., May. 4, 2016 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- The Fabric of My Life - Wed., May. 11, 2016 - 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Letters to Sala by Arlene Hutton - Sun., May. 15, 2016 - 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- The 2016 Sami Rohr Prize for Jewish Literature - Wed., May. 18, 2016 - 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Rhapsody in Schmaltz - Sun., May. 22, 2016 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- The Golden Bride OPENING - Mon., Jul. 4, 2016 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Stitching Through Time - Sun., Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Celebrating Cantor Joseph Malovany - Tue., Jul. 19, 2016 - 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm