Museum of Jewish Heritage
36 Battery Pl.
Explore modern Jewish history, life and culture in this institution’s unique Core Exhibition. Award-winning special exhibitions present the broad tapestry of Jewish life in the 20th and 21st centuries—before, during and after the Holocaust. The MJH differs from other institutions of memory by telling the story of the Holocaust through first-person histories and personal objects.Other features of the museum include Voices of Liberty, a soundscape of inspiring stories of immigration in a gallery with a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, and the outdoor contemplative space of Andy Goldsworthy’s Garden of Stones, the artist’s only permanent installation in New York City.Acclaimed programs—including films, talks, plays, concerts and family activities—highlight the richness of Jewish culture and ideas.
- Songs from Shylock's Venice - Wed., Feb. 10, 2016 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- The Look of Silence - Mon., Feb. 15, 2016 - 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Playing for Life: Art Under Tyranny - Wed., Feb. 17, 2016 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Behind the Scenes of Fiddler on the Roof - Mon., Feb. 22, 2016 - 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Fried Chicken and Latkes - Wed., Feb. 24, 2016 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm