Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist George F. Will once wrote, “the eight miles worth saving in this city are at the corner of Broadway and 12th Street. They are the crammed shelves of the Strand Book Store.”
Opened in 1927, the Strand is the book-lover’s heaven. Now boasting “18 Miles of Books,” the bookstore offers more than 2.5 million new, used and rare books, often at a favorably low price.
- Buddhist Realism and Dark Comedy: It's Funny Because It's True - Fri., May 5, 2017 - 7:00 pm
- PEN World Voices Festival | The Writers Studio's 30th Anniversary Celebration - Sat., May 6, 2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Jessica Harris: My Soul Looks Back - Tue., May 9, 2017 - 7:00 pm
- Vinyl Me, Please - Wed., May 10, 2017 - 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- A Radical Peace Education: Responding to the Structural Violence of Schooling - Fri., May 26, 2017 - 7:00 pm
- More Than a Hipster Touchstone: Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - Fri., June 9, 2017 - 7:00 pm