‘A Crash Course on NYC’s Garment Industry’ Webinar
Where: No Location
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
For more than a century, New York City’s garment industry was its most important business driver — so important, in fact, that it was included in the original flag and seal of the City of New York. It’s time to explore the past, present, and future of NYC’s apparel industry and Garment District with a leader in the field.
Join New York Adventure Club as we follow the evolution of New York City’s fashion industry from its very humble beginnings on the island of Manhattan, to becoming a trendsetter on the global stage.
Led by NYC licensed guide and fashion expert Mike Kaback, who has worked in the garment industry for the past 50 years, this virtual exploration of NYC’s Garment District and fashion industry will include:
- The origin story of how New York City became the Fashion Capital of America, and even the world
- Important moments throughout NYC fashion history, from early labor unions, to organized crime, to the tragic Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire
- Why the entire industry relocated uptown to its current location in the 20th century — and why it might move once again in the 21st century
- The 101 on the garment lifecycle, from manufacturing raw fabrics to selling the final piece in retail stores
- Stories of Mike’s personal experience in the fashion industry
Stick around afterward for a Q&A with Mike — any and all questions about the Garment District are welcomed and encouraged!
Can’t make it live? Don’t worry, you’ll have access to the full replay for one week!
See you there, virtually!
*Immediately upon registering, you will receive a separate, automated email containing the link to join this webinar
**For the best possible viewing experience, please ensure you’re using the latest version of your internet browser — Google Chrome is the most compatible. Exact technical requirements and a webinar user guide will be shared in the automated confirmation email upon registration.
***A full replay of the experience will be available to all registered guests for up to a week
Mike Kaback, a professional “GARMENTO”, having spent over 50 years in the Fashion industry, shares his take on the Schmatta Biz. His passion for New York, extensive knowledge of the apparel industry and his desire to inform and pass on his passion make this an informative and entertaining experience. This tour was developed over 20 years ago and keeps getting better as the Industry evolves in NYC.Buy tickets/get more info now