Are Women Equal in Marriage and Divorce?
Where: 92nd Street Y
1395 Lexington Ave.
212-415-5500 Price: $29
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
Women are making tremendous progress towards parity in many ways and yet we’re well short of approaching equality in pay, CEO and board representation, and … marriage and divorce?
Matrimonial and family law attorneys Kelly Frawley and Emily Pollock, partners in the Matrimonial and Family Law Department at Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP, see firsthand how the value of women’s contributions to a marriage are taken for granted, especially when it comes to negotiating a divorce. In the talk, Frawley and Pollock will discuss:
- How divorce negotiations value (or don’t) the sacrifices of working women and stay-at-home moms
- How women’s non-financial contributions to a marriage are taken for granted
- The pendulum swing away from favoring stay-at-home moms in divorce settlements
- Common misconceptions about custody and alimony calculations
- How to decide if a prenup (or post-nup) is right for me and my partner
- An overview of the divorce process from contemplating filing to finalization