Ascend the country’s largest church to see the New York skyline like few have.
Join New York Adventure Club for an exclusive vertical exploration through the historic Riverside Church in Morningside Heights, the tallest church in the United States, which is modeled after the 13th Century gothic cathedral in Chartres, France.
Led by one of the church’s managers, our experience through this Neo-Gothic masterpiece will include:
- A historical overview of the John D. Rockefeller, Jr.-commissioned church, and the story behind its conception and construction
- A peek inside the incredible nave, which seats over 2,100 worshipers and has the 14th largest organ in the world
- A visit to hidden areas throughout the church, including outdoor balconies and rooms with priceless works of art
- A look at the narthex, which includes 16th-century Flemish windows, Tiffany lamps, and an original Heinrich Hoffmann painting
- A trip to one of the highest floors in the church with sweeping views of New York City
Photography is highly encouraged!
Click here to see pictures from one of our last visits to Riverside Church!
*An elevator will be used to go between most floors
**Exact itinerary subject to change based on availability
***This tour does not visit the carillon of bells
The Riverside Church
490 Riverside Dr.