City of Science Premieres in Westchester
Don’t miss out! Join the World Science Festival and Con Edison for this larger-than-life, touring event where the wondrous properties of science, technology, engineering, and math collide. The day is jam-packed with interactive demonstrations, enormous exhibitions and hands-on activities. Kids can launch objects 20 feet in the air with a seismic accelerator, walk on water, create an orbiting universe at the Warped Space Gravity Simulator, explore mind-bending challenges and puzzles, bring Newton’s Third Law to life with a tug-of-war on wheels, and much more!
“Here in Westchester County we love science and we love learning – that is why we are thrilled to welcome City of Science to the County Center. Children of all ages will get hands-on with math and science experiments in a fun way. We can’t wait to introduce the community to this FREE innovative experience. City of Science is definitely a can’t-miss event for the whole family.”
– George Latimer, Westchester County Executive
- A Camouflage Wall: Explore how animals use camouflage, while also experiencing the process by using camouflage suits to blend into a leaf-covered wall for memorable photos.
- The Reversible Mixing Station: “Un-mix” liquids in an amazing demonstration of thermodynamics.
- A high-impact Rotation Station: Enact dizzying feats of physics while spinning and twirling objects all while learning about angular momentum.
- Science Squad: From balancing birds (on noses or the tip of a pen) to untangling two people connected by rope, the roving Science Squad will inspire and entertain you while you wait your turn to experience one of our exciting exhibits or demos.
Location: Westchester County Center, 198 Central Avenue, White Plains, NY
For more information, visit http://www.worldsciencefestival.com/education/city-of-scienceBuy tickets/get more info now