College Basketball and New York City: The Remarkable Journey CANCELED
Where: Museum of the City of New York
1220 Fifth Ave.
212-534-1672 Price: $25 & up | $20 for Museum Members
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
At the heart of New York City basketball is Madison Square Garden, the world’s most famous live sports arena. It is also the home of the BIG EAST Tournament, the college basketball athletic conference that has launched the careers of dozens of players, female and male, every year since 1979. Join us for an afternoon of lively conversations moderated by sportscaster Dave Popkin about The Garden, aka “The Mecca” of college basketball; the BIG EAST Tournament as the nation’s longest-running postseason college basketball tournament at the same venue; and some of the many great players and coaches that have played at both the conference and at MSG.
Panel One (12:30 – 1:15 pm)
– Val Ackerman, BIG EAST Conference Commissioner
– Len Elmore, college basketball TV analyst
– Joel Fisher, Executive Vice President of Marquee Events and Operations at The Madison Square Garden Company
Panel Two (1:15 – 2:00 pm)
– Andre Barrett, former NBA and international basketball player and Seton Hall Pirates alum
– Ed Pinckney, former NBA basketball player and Villanova Wildcats Alum
Includes a special screening of a featured segment of the BIG EAST at 40 docuseries.
This is the opening program for City/Game: Basketball in New York (open through January 18, 2021). To view the rest of the programs in the series, click here.Buy tickets/get more info now