Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Tour At The Paley Center For Media
Where: Paley Center for Media
25 W. 52nd St.
212-621-6600 Price: $29
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
Join New York Adventure Club for a behind-the-scenes tour of the Paley Center for Media, an organization founded by CBS President William S. Paley that leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of television, radio, and emerging platforms for the professional community and media-interested public.
Our all-access experience through the 16-story Paley Center for Media NYC headquarters, designed by American architect Philip Johnson, will include visits to the:
- Chairman’s Suite, filled with the original furniture and objects from founder William S. Paley’s CBS office
- The Kissinger Room, often used by the Paley Media Council, an exclusive membership community for media industry leaders
- Control Room, a working studio and video archive that produces the public programs for the Paley Center collection
- Grant Tinker Boardroom, filled with original pieces by world-renown caricaturist Al Hirschfeld
- Bennack Theater, where casts and creators of such programs as 30 Rock and Mad Men have entertained and informed audiences
- The Edward and Patricia McLaughlin Library, where the Paley Center’s permanent media collection of over 160,000 television and radio programs and advertisements can be accessed
As a special treat, we’ll finish with a look at some of Paley Center’s exclusive television footage, including the original broadcast of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing!
Stick around afterwards as we’ll grab some food and drinks in the neighborhood!Buy tickets/get more info now