Haunted Broadway: A Halloween Pop-Up Event (In Person)
The ghosts, legends, and superstitions behind Broadway
Walk with us through the darker side of Broadway this Halloween, from strange superstitions to gory deaths to the actors who just won’t quit the stage — even after they’re six feet under.
Meet up in front of the New Amsterdam Theater
Noon Family-friendly version
- Learn about the district’s hauntings and legends from a theater pro who has the behind-the-scenes scoop.
- Begin in Times Square, where we’ll set the stage with some Broadway history before heading to 5 famous theaters.
- Hear about the gruesome final exits of some of the biggest stars — and why they keep coming back.
- Decide for yourself if the ghost sightings, from Judy Garland to a mysterious cellist, are true.
- Uncover the weird superstitions that run rampant in the theater community, especially here in New York.
- Listen to stories told by actors who’ve had strange encounters with these spirits.
- Know exactly which theater ghosts you must acknowledge before entering their domain.
- Join the daytime event for family-friendly fun or come at night for thrills and chills.
We’ll begin our walk in Times Square, setting the stage for the history of Broadway in New York, before heading to five historic theaters. At each stop, you’ll learn about the superstitions and spirits that haunt the theater. Your guide will also help make introductions so locals can meet each other — there’s safety in numbers, after all.
Our daytime event will be family-friendly while our evening event will be no-holds-barred ghoulish good fun. Both events are led by a theater professional (an actor or producer), so you’ll get the inside scoop on Broadway and more.
$13Buy tickets/get more info now