HOPE: Where and How Can We Find It Now?
Socrates Salon Conversation hosted by Ron Gross via ZOOM
Friday, August 7th, 2020, 3:00 sharp – 4:15 pm, free!
RSVP: To receive a “link” to join the Conversation, please e-mail Ron Gross at [email protected], with Thought Gallery in the Subject Line.
- What role does hope play in your life today, in light of our on-going multiple tribulations? Is it a factor in your planning, coping, and social life?
- Is Hope part of your religious or spiritual outlook?
- What do you understand about the role of Hope in healthfulness and in coping with illness?
- How would you relate Hope to “wishful thinking”, “denial”, and other forms of “false hope”?
- Do you view Hope as a skill or set of skills (e.g., self-motivation, grit, determination, resourcefulness)?
To inform your thinking: Read the excellent entry on Hope at Wikipedia.org, deftly summarizing the scientific, cultural, religious, and psychological knowledge about the subject.
Please join us to share your experiences, knowledge, and wisdom!
(Just for bona fides, this event is sponsored by the Great Neck Public Library.)Buy tickets/get more info now