‘John Lennon’s New York’ Webinar
While John Lennon traveled the world as a member of the Beatles rock band, it was New York City where he chose to settle down after the legendary music group called it quits. But instead of laying low, John would come to take full advantage of the city’s rich music, arts, and culinary scene, thanks in part to his great love, Yoko Ono. Through archival pictures and present-day sights, it’s time to explore John Lennon’s New York experience like never before.
Join New York Adventure Club as we explore the life and legacy of singer/songwriter John Lennon, with a focus on his nearly ten years living in New York City.
Led by NYC tour guide and lifelong Beatles fan Jared Goldstein, our virtual experience on the 40th anniversary of John Lennon’s passing will include:
- A brief look at John’s first visit to New York City, as he first stepped off the plane at JFK airport with the Beatles to performing on the Ed Sullivan show
- John’s love for the Upper West Side, from his beloved residence inside the Dakota apartment building to his favorite neighborhood haunts — some of which are still standing today
- Little-known stories of John’s New York experience, including his UFO experience on 52nd St, to him and Yoko sponsoring billboards in Times Square calling for peace, to happy, funny, and poignant stories of John’s visits to famous NYC hotels
- How John and Yoko’s love of Greenwich Village and its gritty radicalism led to a world of trouble for him
- John’s New York performances as a solo musician, from a benefit concert at the Apollo, to the Fillmore East where he jammed with Frank Zappa, to Madison Square Garden where he played two sold-out shows in 1972 and a final arena appearance in 1974 with Elton John
- Upper West Side memorials and tributes to John Lennon
Afterward, we’ll have a Q&A with Jared — any and all questions about John Lennon are welcomed and encouraged!
Can’t make it live? Don’t worry, you’ll have access to the full replay for one week!
See you there, virtually! $10.
*Immediately upon registering, you will receive a separate, automated email containing the link to join this webinar
**For the best possible viewing experience, please ensure you’re using the latest version of your internet browser — Google Chrome is the most compatible. Exact technical requirements and a webinar user guide will be shared in the automated confirmation email upon registration.
***A full replay of the experience will be available to all registered guests for up to a week
Jared the NYC Tour Guide has been a John Lennon and Beatles fan since he was a boy in the 1970s. He has been leading private tours of John Lennon’s NYC for over ten years. Jared is a licensed NYC Sightseeing Guide for fifteen years. He has been certified by the Guides Association of New York City, of which he is an emeritus officer. Jared enjoys combining his love of New York City with his love of John Lennon and the Beatles.