Where: Green-Wood Cemetery
500 25th St., Brooklyn
718-210-3080 Price: $35/$30
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
It’s back! One of Green-Wood’s most popular outdoor events returns with an afternoon exploring of some of the Cemetery’s most impressive nineteenth-century mausoleums, with exquisite stained glass and some curious surprises! Peek inside the elaborate gates of these stone structures to view stunning examples of Green-Wood’s distinctive architecture. At each location, docents will offer a glimpse into the lives of those who now rest in these opulent edifices.
Please note the following restrictions on this year’s Open Doors before purchasing tickets:
- Masks/face coverings must be worn at all times.
- A distance of 6 feet must be kept between you/members of your party and others.
- Visitors must follow instructions from Green-Wood staff and volunteers throughout the afternoon.
- No paper maps will be provided. A PDF map of the route will be emailed in advance to all ticket purchasers. Directional arrows will be placed on the grounds to mark the route.
- No trolley service will be available. Comfortable footwear is recommended to walk the Cemetery’s hilly and at times uneven terrain. The entire route will be slightly more than a mile long.