Science in the Headlines: 2019’s Discoveries, Disappointments, and Downright Weirdness
21 Clinton St.
212-228-2100 Price: $15
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
2020 is almost here—but before we bid this year adieu, let’s celebrate all the wonderful, worrisome, and weird science news from 2019!
Remember when we saw the first image of a black hole? What about the increase in youth-led climate change protests? Or the rise of new illnesses linked to vaping? Ira will take the stage with three science reporters to reflect on our favorite discoveries, the biggest news from this year in science, and the stories you might have missed.
After we roundup the standout news from this year, three storytellers will give us a peek behind the curtain of a notable story they reported in 2019, including the untold and surprising facts that may not have made it to their final draft.
This event will be recorded for broadcast on the Science Friday radio show, as well as a special extra episode in our podcast. Subscribe now to get these stories in your feed!
The News Roundup Crew
- Ira Flatow – Host of Science Friday
- Rachel Feltman – Science Editor at Popular Science
- Umair Irfan – Staff Writer at Vox
- Wendy Zukerman – Science Journalist and Host of Gimlet Media’s Science Vs
The Science Storytellers
- Ariel Zych – Education Director at Science Friday
- Sarah Zhang – Staff Writer at The Atlantic
- Arielle Duhaime-Ross – Host of Reset, from Stitcher and the Vox Media Podcast Network
Caveat is mixed seating and standing-room; arrive early to get a good seat!
To access Caveat, there is a set of stairs, but an elevator is available. Please call (212) 228-2100 for elevator use and assistance with accessibility.Buy tickets/get more info now