Secret Central Park: A Scavenger Hunt
Where: Museum of the City of New York
1220 Fifth Ave.
212-534-1672 Price: General Admission $20; Museum members $15
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
Immerse yourself in the hidden secrets and stories of New York City’s iconic Central Park on this summer afternoon scavenger hunt.
For more than 160 years, Central Park has offered millions of New Yorkers 843 acres of rolling hills, hidden nooks, and sprawling lawns – right in the middle of Manhattan. But beyond Belvedere Castle and Sheep’s Meadow, how well do you really know your Park? Explore the landmark’s remarkable history on this scavenger hunt using the Urban Archive smartphone app. In teams or by yourself, race to match historic images of the Park to their present-day locations. Afterwards, meet back at the Museum for light refreshments and an awards ceremony.
How It Works:
– The hunt begins here at the Museum of the City of New York (1220 Fifth Avenue)
– Players can participate solo or in teams but everyone must register individually
– On the day of, players will be asked to provide names of their team members (if any)
– To earn points, at least one player per team must download the Urban Archive app
– Please note, the Urban Archive app is only available for iPhone
12:30 pm – Kick off at the Museum with a brief introduction and directions
1:00 pm – The scavenger hunt begins, check in at as many locations as you can in two hours
3:15 pm – Arrive back at the Museum for a reception and prizes for the winners
4:00 pm – Reception concludes but the Museum will be open, the cost of admission is included!
In case of rain, the event will be rescheduled to Sunday, August 12 at 1:00 pm. Please note that no refunds will be offered if the event is moved to the rain date.Buy tickets/get more info now