Sinatra! The Man and His Music Webinar
What made Frank Sinatra — aka Ol’ Blue Eyes, The Chairman of the Board, The Voice — tick? This is the story of how one seemingly ordinary Italian kid from Hoboken, New Jersey learned to craft his raw musical talent and demeanor to become one of the world’s greatest musical icons of his generation, and century.
Join New York Adventure Club as we explore the life and music of legendary singer and performer Frank Sinatra, and how his musicianship, unerring instinct, and New York chutzpah made him into one of the greatest musical figures of the 20th century.
Led by award-winning author Will Friedwald — who penned Sinatra! The Song Is You, considered the most essential book ever published on Sinatra — our virtual exploration of Frank Sinatra filled with copious visuals and iconic performances on video will include:
- The origin story of Frank Sinatra, from his upbringing as an only child of Italian immigrants in Hoboken, to how a nobody from New Jersey made himself into the most celebrated entertainer in show business, and the most famous man in the world — more than once
- The evolution of the Sinatra sound, from the big band of the war years to the lushly-romantic of later generations
- A discussion around Sinatra’s great colleagues and collaborators, including the legendary Nelson Riddle, Billy May, Gordon Jenkins, and others
- Behind-the-scenes stories of Sinatra in the recording studio, gleaned from the musicians themselves
- Rare classic video clips of Sinatra singing his essential signature songs, most of which cannot be found online
Afterward, we’ll have a Q&A with Will — any and all questions about Frank Sinatra are welcomed and encouraged!
See you there! $10.
*Once registered, you will receive a separate, automated email containing the link to join this webinar
**For the best possible viewing experience, please ensure you’re using the latest version of your internet browser — Chrome is the most compatible. Exact technical requirements and a webinar user guide will be shared in the automated confirmation email upon registration.
***A full replay will be available after the experience for all registered guests
Will Friedwald is a featured arts writer for The Wall Street Journal and Vanity Fair, and the award-winning author of ten books on music and popular culture, including the new Straighten Up and Fly Right: The Life and Music of Nat King Cole, as well as A Biographical Guide To The Great Jazz And Pop Singers, Sinatra: The Song Is You, Stardust Melodies, Tony Bennett: The Good Life, Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies, and Jazz Singing. He has written over 600 liner notes for compact discs, received ten Grammy nominations, and appears frequently on television and other documentaries. He is also a consultant and curator for Apple Music.Buy tickets/get more info now