‘Sinatra! The Man and His Music’
What made Frank Sinatra — aka Ol’ Blue Eyes, The Chairman of the Board, The Voice — tick? This is the story of how one seemingly ordinary Italian kid from Hoboken, New Jersey learned to craft his raw musical talent and demeanor to become one of the world’s greatest musical icons of his generation, and century.
Join New York Adventure Club as we explore the life and music of legendary singer and performer Frank Sinatra, and how his musicianship, unerring instinct, and New York chutzpah made him into one of the greatest musical figures of the 20th century.
Led by award-winning author Will Friedwald — who penned Sinatra! The Song Is You, considered the most essential book ever published on Sinatra — our virtual exploration of Frank Sinatra filled with copious visuals and iconic performances on video will include:
- The origin story of Frank Sinatra, from his upbringing as an only child of Italian immigrants in Hoboken, to how a nobody from New Jersey made himself into the most celebrated entertainer in show business, and the most famous man in the world — more than once
- The evolution of the Sinatra sound, from the big band of the war years to the lushly-romantic of later generations
- A discussion around Sinatra’s great colleagues and collaborators, including the legendary Nelson Riddle, Billy May, Gordon Jenkins, and others
- Behind-the-scenes stories of Sinatra in the recording studio, gleaned from the musicians themselves
- Rare classic video clips of Sinatra singing his essential signature songs, most of which cannot be found online
Afterward, we’ll have a Q&A with Will — any and all questions about Frank Sinatra are welcomed and encouraged!
Can’t make it live? Don’t worry, you’ll have access to the full replay for one week!
See you there, virtually! $10.Buy tickets/get more info now