Tax, Estate and Financial Planning Issues for Cryptocurrency Owners
CKR Law LLP will be hosting its monthly Blockchain Breakfast at Rise NY on February 26, 2018, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Tax season is upon us and if you are a token or crypto holder, 2017 was possibly an extraordinary year for you. Join our tax expert team of panelists to learn more about how tax and estate issues affect virtual currencies and token sales.
Ticket proceeds will be donated to Girls Who Code, a nonprofit organization which aims to support and increase the number of women in computer science.
The event will be moderated by Alexandra Levin Kramer, CKR Law’s Founding Chair of the Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency Practice Group.
The panel will provide an analysis of tax, estate and financial planning issues with cryptocurrency ownership. Members of the panel will discuss the following:
- U.S. income tax-reporting requirements for U.S. and non-U.S. holders of cryptocurrency
- Impact of the recent IRS “John Doe” summons to Coinbase
- Disclosure requirements for U.S. persons owning cryptocurrency located in a foreign country
- How to use the IRS Voluntary Disclosure program to avoid potential penalties
- Estate planning (including estate and gift tax) considerations for cryptocurrency owners as well as security issues with respect to undisclosed passwords
- Diversification options for holders of cryptocurrency portfolios
- Financial planning considerations for newly generated wealth
– Eli Akhavan, Chair, Private Clients and Wealth Preservation Group, CKR Law
– Brian Kristiansen, CPA, Partner, Friedman LLP
– Christopher J. Williams, Tax Director, Citrin Cooperman
– Suzanne R. Katz, CFP®, Wealth Management Advisor, Portfolio Manager, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
For further information about the event or CKR Law’s Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency Practice, please contact Alexandra Levin Kramer or Eli Akhavan, partners at CKR Law LLP. You can reach Alexandra at [email protected] or Eli at [email protected] or (212) 259-7300.
Rise New York
43 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10010
Max capacity: 110Buy tickets/get more info now