The 16th Annual Colon Cancer Challenge
2019 marks the 16th Anniversary of the Colon Cancer Challenge and we are thrilled to be returning to Icahn Stadium on Randall’s Island
Across the United States teams of families, friends, co-workers and local and national corporations will come together to raise awareness of colorectal cancer, support those battling the disease and raise funds for the Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation strategic initiatives of Public Awareness, Prevention, Screening and Research.
Why Take the Challenge?
While we have made great progress in reducing incidence and death rates of those 50 or older over the last decade through the prevention and early detection of colorectal cancer through screening – the simple fact is colorectal cancer is still the third most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second leading cause of cancer-related death. And, incidence rates and death of those under 50 have increased at an alarming rate each year.
In 2018 over 135,000 (estimated) Americans will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer and over 50,000 Americans will lose their battle with the disease. Most frustrating is the fact that most of these cases could be prevented with early detection. If caught early the 5 year survival rate is 90%.
Where do the funds raised go?
Funds raised by teams and individuals helps provide:
- Free educational materials and our participation in outreach events in communities around the country;
- A national tour of our educational inflatable colon – the Rollin’ Colon;
- Local, state, national and global programs that promote colorectal cancer prevention and early detection;
- Awards to young colorectal cancer investigators presenting at the world’s premier societies and conferences;
- Funding to support the nation’s ONLY Summit focused on early age onset colorectal cancer.
The Colon Cancer Challenge offers survivors, and family and friends of those affected by colorectal cancer, a unique opportunity to raise public awareness and contribute to the fight against this often fatal, yet preventable disease.
Choose the 2 Mile Walk, the certified, timed 5K Run, or Kids Fun Run. No Matter what distance you cover, you will make up ground in the race to prevent colorectal cancer.Buy tickets/get more info now