‘The Flatiron District, From Gilded Age to Modern Day’ Webinar
While seemingly every New York City neighborhood is filled with its fair share of history and happenings, it’s tough to top the Flatiron District. From the site of one of the world’s most iconic skyscrapers, to home base for the Gilded Age movers and shakers, to a destination for a world-famous burger, this is the story of a neighborhood that continues to be the center of it all.
Join New York Adventure Club as we explore the rich history and incredible tales of the Flatiron District, a historic neighborhood in Midtown Manhattan that has been a hub of New York culture, entertainment, and architecture for over a century.
Led by NYC licensed guide Mike Kaback, who was born just a few blocks from this area, our virtual experience of one of the world’s most famous neighborhoods will include:
- A closer look at the buildings, statues, and fountains around Madison Square Park, including the iconic 1902 Fuller Building (aka Flatiron Building)
- How the original Madison Square Garden came to be, along with the three that followed
- The unbelievable story behind the assassination of Stanford White, the world’s leading architect, in the very theater that he himself built
- Why the Flatiron District was previously referred to as the Photo District, Toy District, and Silicon Alley
- A discussion around the neighborhood’s role as the American birthplace of modern art and the music industry
- Mike’s personal stories from growing up around the neighborhood, including where to find a great egg cream
Stick around afterward for a Q&A with Mike — any and all questions about the Flatiron District are welcomed and encouraged!
Can’t make it live? Don’t worry, you’ll have access to the full replay for one week!
See you there, virtually! $10.
*Immediately upon registering, you will receive a separate, automated email containing the link to join this webinar
**For the best possible viewing experience, please ensure you’re using the latest version of your internet browser — Google Chrome is the most compatible. Exact technical requirements and a webinar user guide will be shared in the automated confirmation email upon registration.
***A full replay of the experience will be available to all registered guests for up to a week
Mike Kaback, a licensed tour guide and avid History Buff, was born just a few blocks from this area and has traversed its streets countless times. He will shed his own personal take on the area and can also recommend a wonderful old restaurant where you can still order an egg cream!Buy tickets/get more info now