‘The Flintstones: 60th Anniversary Retrospective’ Webinar
Exactly 60 years ago to the day, a cartoon about a family living in the Stone Age aired on ABC-TV network — and in the process, became the first prime time animated comedy series in television history. On top of that — and against all odds — it was an instant hit, spawning a merchandising bonanza during its 166 episode run. This is the incredible story of The Flintstones and the lasting legacy of one of the most influential cartoons of all time.
Join New York Adventure Club for a retrospective on The Flintstones (1960-1966) — created by cartoon studio Hanna-Barbera exactly 60 years ago, this animated comedy series became a global sensation over its six-season run, best known for its lovable characters, outlandish situations, great music, and parodies of pop culture of the time.
Led by pop culture historian Arlen Schumer (author/designer, The Silver Age of Comic Book Art), this uplifting “visualecture” filled with stylized images, art, and provoking analysis will include:
- How close Hanna-Barbera came to being sued over The Flintstones for plagiarism — by Jackie Gleason of The Honeymooners!
- What unexpected reason caused Mel Blanc to change the voice of Barney Rubble.
- A plethora of early concept sketches and rare visual clips.
- Why The Flintstones “jumped the shark” when Pebbles was born!
- The show’s success in its “after-life,” thanks in part to reruns in steady syndication and multiple spinoff programs from the Hanna-Barbera studio.
Afterward, we’ll have a Q&A with Arlen — any and all questions about The Flintstones are welcomed and encouraged!
Can’t make it live? Don’t worry, you’ll have access to the full replay for one week!
See you there, virtually! $10.
*Immediately upon registering, you will receive a separate, automated email containing the link to join this webinar
**For the best possible viewing experience, please ensure you’re using the latest version of your internet browser — Google Chrome is the most compatible. Exact technical requirements and a webinar user guide will be shared in the automated confirmation email upon registration.
***A full replay of the experience will be available to all registered guests for up to a weekBuy tickets/get more info now