Virtual Road Trip Down Route 66 with Pro Photographer Julien McRoberts
Looking to take that epic American road trip you always dreamed of…though from the comfort of your own home? From classic roadside diners to desert ghost towns, it’s time to explore the bygone era of one of America’s most famous highways, through the lens of one award-winning photographer.
Join New York Adventure Club as we embark on an inspirational photographic journey down Route 66, one of the original highways in America that redefined transportation, culture, and architecture throughout the American West over the course of 50 years.
Led by NYC-based — and American West born-and-bred — photographer Julien McRoberts, this virtual road trip down Route 66 will include:
- A brief history of Route 66, from its official inception in 1926 and decertification as a highway in 1985, to how it earned itself nicknames like Mother Road and Bloody 66
- A discussion around the heydey of Route 66 and fixture in American culture
- A virtual tour along the route using Julien’s colorful and eclectic photographs, which highlight the most interesting sites between Chicago and California
- Personal stories from her road trip, and what it was like to document the route
- Factoids about the former highway’s many off-the-beaten-path and roadsides attractions, including American Giants and Duck Architecture
Afterward, we’ll have a Q&A session with Julien where you’ll be able to ask any and all questions about the Mother Road!
See you there, virtually! $10.Buy tickets/get more info now