172 Allen St.
This long-running radical bookstore, fair trade cafe, and activist center is entirely run by volunteers. In addition to thousands of titles on topics like feminism, queer and gender studies, and global capitalism, you’ll find readings, workshops, performances, discussions and films almost every night.
- "Two-Countries: U.S. Daughters and Sons of Immigrant Parents,” an Anthology of Flash Memoir, Personal Essays, and Poetry - Fri., Oct. 20, 2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- The End of Policing with Alex S. Vitale and Kassandra Frederique - Sat., Oct. 21, 2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Dr. Diane Pomerantz Discusses Her Debut Memoir, Lost in the Reflecting Pool - Sun., Oct. 22, 2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- We Crossed a Bridge and It Trembled: Voices From Syria — Wendy Pearlman & Molly Crabapple in Conversation - Fri., Oct. 27, 2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Amy Hoffman: The Off Season - Sun., Oct. 29, 2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm