172 Allen St.
This long-running radical bookstore, fair trade cafe, and activist center is entirely run by volunteers. In addition to thousands of titles on topics like feminism, queer and gender studies, and global capitalism, you’ll find readings, workshops, performances, discussions and films almost every night.
- You Have the Right to Remain Fat Book Launch - Wed., Aug. 22, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Conserve and Control Book Launch: An Evening Featuring the Writings of Otter Lieffe - Thu., Aug. 23, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Revolting New York: How 400 Years of Riot, Rebellion, Uprising, and Revolution Shaped a City with Don Mitchell - Sat., Sep. 8, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Terrorist Assemblages Ten Years on in the Time of Trump - Thu., Sep. 13, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Graffiti Grrlz: Performing Feminism in the Hip Hop Diaspora - Fri., Sep. 14, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm