200 Eastern Parkway (Washington Ave.)
One of the oldest and largest museums in the U.S., the Brooklyn Museum is housed in a 560,000-square-foot beaux-arts building.
Its world-renowned permanent collections range from ancient Egyptian masterpieces to contemporary art, and represent a wide range of cultures. Only a 30-minute subway ride from midtown Manhattan, with its own newly renovated subway station, the museum is part of a complex of 19th-century parks and gardens that also includes Prospect Park, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden and the Prospect Park Zoo.
- Art History Happy Hour: Roots of "The Dinner Party" - Thu., Jan. 25, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Talk: Exploring Rodin's Influence - Sat., Jan. 27, 2018 - 2:00 pm
- St. Luke’s Chamber Ensemble - Sun., Jan. 28, 2018 - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Target First Saturday at the Brooklyn Museum: Black History Month - Sat., Feb. 3, 2018 - 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Brooklyn Talks: "A Tribute to Basquiat" - Thu., Feb. 15, 2018 - 7:00 pm