Fraunces Tavern Museum
54 Pearl St.
George Washington not only slept here, he also partied at this ancient tavern. This was the site of many of his presidential banquets, as well as Washington’s farewell address to his officers on December 4th, 1783. After the Revolutionary War, the tavern housed government agencies. Today, the building consists of a colonial-style restaurant on the first floor and a museum upstairs that exhibits Revolutionary Era armaments, flags and other art and objects.
- Kosciuszko: Bridge to Liberty for All - Thu., Oct. 26, 2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Rivals Unto Death: Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr - Thu., Nov. 2, 2017 - 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- The Ghost Ship of Brooklyn: An Untold Story from the American Revolution - Mon., Nov. 20, 2017 - 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Evacuation Day Walking Tour - Sat., Nov. 25, 2017 - 11:00 am
- Evacuation Day Walking Tour - Sun., Nov. 26, 2017 - 11:00 am