Museum of Jewish Heritage
36 Battery Pl.
Explore modern Jewish history, life and culture in this institution’s unique Core Exhibition. Award-winning special exhibitions present the broad tapestry of Jewish life in the 20th and 21st centuries—before, during and after the Holocaust. The MJH differs from other institutions of memory by telling the story of the Holocaust through first-person histories and personal objects.Other features of the museum include Voices of Liberty, a soundscape of inspiring stories of immigration in a gallery with a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, and the outdoor contemplative space of Andy Goldsworthy’s Garden of Stones, the artist’s only permanent installation in New York City.Acclaimed programs—including films, talks, plays, concerts and family activities—highlight the richness of Jewish culture and ideas.
- Soul to Soul - Sun., Jan. 19, 2020 - 2:00 pm
- “By Chance Alone” With Author Max Eisen - Wed., Jan. 22, 2020 - 7:00 pm
- Making the Auschwitz Exhibition - Mon., Jan. 27, 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Concert Commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz - Mon., Jan. 27, 2020 - 7:00 pm
- “Mengele: Unmasking the Angel of Death” With Author David G. Marwell - Wed., Jan. 29, 2020 - 7:00 pm
- 13 Drivers’ Licenses - Wed., Feb. 5, 2020 - 7:00 pm
- Behind the Scenes of “Rendering Witness: Holocaust-Era Art as Testimony” - Wed., Feb. 12, 2020 - 7:00 pm