Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist George F. Will once wrote, “the eight miles worth saving in this city are at the corner of Broadway and 12th Street. They are the crammed shelves of the Strand Book Store.”
Opened in 1927, the Strand is the book-lover’s heaven. Now boasting “18 Miles of Books,” the bookstore offers more than 2.5 million new, used and rare books, often at a favorably low price.
- Naomi Wolf: Outrages - Thu., June 20, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- We Are La Cocina - Thu., June 20, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Summer Solstice Celebration Featuring Pam Grossman - Fri., June 21, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Chris Schwartz: Ruffhouse (With Schoolly D. & Mark Weinstein) - Mon., June 24, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Lisa Duggan | Mean Girl: Ayn Rand and the Culture of Greed - Wed., June 26, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm