8 Upcoming Author Readings and Book Signings
For the bibliophile, there’s nothing much greater than meeting the author of a good book and picking his or her brain and learning more about the process of writing a novel.
Meet some of your favorite authors and enjoy lively discussions about plot, characters and more at these author readings, book signings and book talks.
2. Not for the faint of heart, Terror of the Soul, an exhibition on Edgar Allan Poe, inspires a theater company to present readings of the poet, accompanied by a live sound score. When & Where: Friday, Nov. 22, 7 p.m. at the Morgan Library & Museum
3. Sit down with creator of Jezebel.com Anna Holmes when she introduces her latest book The Book of Jezebel. When & Where: Monday, Nov. 25, 6 p.m. at the Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute at New York University
4. Attend an exclusive conversation with two-time Pulitzer-Prize nominee Robert Stone and a winner of the National Book Award. He returns to the literary scene with his first novel in 10 years Death of The Black-Haired Girl. When & Where: Tuesday, Nov. 26, 7 p.m. at The Strand Bookstore
5. Peer into how best-selling mystery authors Michael Connelly and Martin Cruz Smith have kept readers at the edge of their seats for more than 20 years. When & Where: Wednesday, Dec. 4, 7 p.m. at the New York Public Library, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
6. Writer-comedian David Misch offers a wide-ranging, fun-packed look at the principles and practice of comedy from its origins in pre-history to the worlds of movies, TV, prose, theater and stand-up. Misch introduces his Funny The Book. When & Where: Friday, Dec. 6, 6:30 p.m. at The Cooper Union
7. Author Phyllis Lambert presents her new book Building Seagram.The presentation will be followed by a conversation with Skyscraper Museum director Carol Willis. When & Where: Tuesday, Dec. 10, 6:30 p.m. at the Skyscraper Museum