Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist George F. Will once wrote, “the eight miles worth saving in this city are at the corner of Broadway and 12th Street. They are the crammed shelves of the Strand Book Store.”
Opened in 1927, the Strand is the book-lover’s heaven. Now boasting “18 Miles of Books,” the bookstore offers more than 2.5 million new, used and rare books, often at a favorably low price.
- Liana Finck: Excuse Me (With Sarah Glidden) - Mon., Sep. 23, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Long Walk Home: Reflections on Bruce Springsteen Panel - Mon., Sep. 23, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Avan Jogia: Mixed Feelings - Wed., Sep. 25, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Gary Lippman: Set the Controls for the Heart of Sharon Tate - Wed., Sep. 25, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Fatima Bhutto: New Kings of the World (With Alexander Chee) - Thu., Sep. 26, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Brock Clarke: Who Are You, Calvin Bledsoe? (With Elizabeth Strout) - Thu., Sep. 26, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm