Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist George F. Will once wrote, “the eight miles worth saving in this city are at the corner of Broadway and 12th Street. They are the crammed shelves of the Strand Book Store.”
Opened in 1927, the Strand is the book-lover’s heaven. Now boasting “18 Miles of Books,” the bookstore offers more than 2.5 million new, used and rare books, often at a favorably low price.
- Amalia Andrade + Maeve Higgins - Tue., Jan. 22, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Ari Seth Cohen: Advanced Love - Thu., Jan. 24, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- The Writers Studio Reading Series Presents a Celebration of Turtle Point Press - Fri., Jan. 25, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Susan Crawford: Fiber (with Steven Levy) - Mon., Jan. 28, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Jodie Patterson and Grace Bonney - Wed., Jan. 30, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Carol Gilligan and Naomi Snider: Why Does Patriarchy Persist? - Thu., Jan. 31, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm