Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist George F. Will once wrote, “the eight miles worth saving in this city are at the corner of Broadway and 12th Street. They are the crammed shelves of the Strand Book Store.”
Opened in 1927, the Strand is the book-lover’s heaven. Now boasting “18 Miles of Books,” the bookstore offers more than 2.5 million new, used and rare books, often at a favorably low price.
- Original Plumbing Panel - Mon., July 22, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Ted Howard + Marjorie Kelly: The Making of a Democratic Economy - Tue., July 23, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Kimi Eisele: The Lightest Object in the Universe (With Caroline Leavitt) - Tue., July 30, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Ben Folds: A Dream About Lightning Bugs at Cooper Union - Wed., July 31, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Celine Santini: Kintsugi, Finding Strength in Imperfection - Wed., July 31, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm