Center for Global Education at Asia Society Launch
Where: Asia Society and Museum
725 Park Ave.
212-288-6400 Price: Members $12; Students/Seniors $15; Nonmembers $20
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
Globalization. Mass migration. Violent extremism. Inequality. Environmental insecurities. Today’s challenges, like never before, transcend international borders and demand global cooperation on an unprecedented scale. Meeting these challenges requires a new educational paradigm, one that imparts critical skills to students whose lives are defined by our increasingly interconnected world.
Whether your focus is on global competence, global citizenship, or global literacy, this new paradigm is the key to employability and inclusion for young people around the world.
Building on six decades of groundbreaking work, Asia Society is proud to announce the launch of our Center for Global Education (CGE). The center will transform education to prepare young people for a global 21st century by bringing together the most influential educators, businesses, and government officials, commissioning research, publishing insights, and partnering with schools and education systems to change policy and practice.
Join us on Thursday, September 22 at 10 am for a high-level panel discussion focusing on today’s most pressing global education topics.
Speakers will include:
- Irina Bokova, Director-General, UNESCO
- Josette Sheeran, President and CEO, Asia Society
- Anthony Jackson, Vice President for Education, Asia Society
- Felix Ruano, a Harvard Class of 2017 student and Gates Millennium Scholar who is a graduate of an Asia Society International Studies Schools Network member school
- Ido Leffler, Co-founder and CEO of Yoobi and CGE Advisory Co-Chair
- Lizhong Yu, Chancellor of NYU Shanghai and CGE Advisory Co-Chair
- Hekia Parata, Minister of Education of New Zealand and CGE Advisor
- Ellis Rubinstein, President and CEO, New York Academy of Sciences and CGE Advisor