Waterfront Plan Boat Tour: Accessible, Active, and Resilient
Key points about this tour:
- 2.75 hours
- $86 for Adults & $68 for Students ages 14 and older
- Offered aboard Manhattan or Manhattan II (1920s inspired yachts)
- Fully Circumnavigates the Island of Manhattan.
- Hosted & narrated by a member of the American Institute of Architects and key players at the NYCDCP
- Includes complimentary hors d’oeuvres and one beer, wine or champagne
- Indoor climate-controlled seating and outdoor seating available
Step aboard the teak decks of our elegant 1920s style yachts, the Manhattan and Manhattan II, and enjoy this full circumnavigation!
NYC’s Department of City Planning (NYCDCP) has officially kicked off the planning stages for the next Comprehensive Waterfront Plan. Published every ten years, the NYC Comprehensive Waterfront Plan aims at making New York City’s 520 miles of waterfront accessible, active, and resilient. This plan provides a vision for the city’s waterfront for the next decade and beyond.
Join on this adaptation of AIANY’s Around Manhattan Architecture Boat Tour, which will feature special guest speakers Jay Valgora AIA (Waterfront Management Advisory Board member and founder of STUDIO V Architecture), Claudia Herasme (Chief Urban Designer, NYCDCP), andMichael L. Marrella AICP (Director of Waterfront and Open Space Planning, NYCDCP), who will collectively discuss waterfront planning efforts—past, current, and future—as we sail around NYC’s waterfront. Arthur Platt AIA, AIANY Host Guide, will fill in relevant architecture and infrastructure narration throughout.
This tour is operated in partnership with Classic Harbor Line and the New York City Department of City Planning.
What Is Not Included?
- Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. River closures may also occur for a number of reasons. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a tour that features a double backing of the route and further detail of the waterfront sites.
- Gratuity is not included unless you purchased the ‘Groups of 12 or more’ ticket type where a 15% gratuity is automatically applied. If you do end up obtaining 12 or more individual tickets by separate purchases, you will be contacted to make an advance payment of a 15% Group Gratuity.
- Chelsea Piers (Pier 62) – W. 22nd and Hudson River (Manhattan, NY)
- (Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.)*