“Our Memories, Ourselves” — Conversational Salon via ZOOM
Where: No Location
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
OUR MEMORIES, OUR SELVES
Conversational Salon via Zoom, hosted by Ron Gross
Friday, March 5, 2021, 3:00-4:15 pm
(please arrive by 2:45)
ZOOM LINK to join meeting on 3/5 starting at 2:30:
Meeting ID: 870 1892 7700
1. How do you feel about your Memories? Do some of them provide you with enjoyment, delight, gratification, pride, comfort, or insight? Do others cause you pain, embarrassment, regret, or guilt — and if so, how do you cope with that?
2. Please briefly share one memory of something that has shaped your life or your character.
3. In what ways is your memory selective? What do the kindsof things you remember suggest about your personality, your character, and your values?
4. How have you preserved, shared, or expressed your personal and family memories (memoir, photo albums, artwork, sharing stories, etc.)?
5. Are your memories predominantly personal and private, or are they informed by your history, family, community, and background?
6. What is the most affecting “public memory” site (memorial) that you have experienced (such as the 9/11 one in D.C., or the Lynching Museum in Montgomery, or a Holocaust Memorial.)?
7. Are you concerned about the loss of some of your memories, and how are you addressing those issues?
Please plan to join us
to share your thoughts, insights, experiences, and wisdom –
and appreciate others’.
Optional Readings: “What is Memory?”: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/memory