Radical Dharma: Connecting Race, Love and Liberation
Where: New York Open Center
22 E. 30th St.
212-219-2527 Price: Members $125/ Nonmembers $155
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
Rev. angel Kyodo williams, a new voice in American Buddhism, teaches about how teachings that can transcend color and class are being hindered by discrimination and racial injustice. In her book Radical Dharma (complete truth), she advocates for a “new dharma,” one that empowers a greater connection to ourselves and others. In this workshop you will:
- learn how to connect in authentic and inclusive ways
- use an embodied method for building internal capacity/growth
- unearth myths that deny history, social conditioning and their impact
- gain insight into how race maintains other forms of oppression
- and how to recognize and disrupt the “politics of dis-belonging” to develop connection and begin to heal ourselves and others.
A One-Day WorkshopBuy tickets/get more info now