‘Steinway & Sons: Following the Journey of the World’s Best Piano’ Webinar
While it’s no secret that a Steinway piano is considered one of the world’s most exquisite instruments, did you know that each one takes nearly a year to build, consisting of around 12,000 individual parts? It’s time to get a front-row seat of the piano-making process at the same historic factory in Astoria, Queens that’s been churning them out for over a century.
Join New York Adventure Club as we explore the incredible musical legacy of Steinway & Sons, the legendary piano factory in Astoria, Queens that’s been hand-crafting some of the world’s finest pianos since 1880.
Led by longtime staff member Anthony Gilroy, our unique digital showcase of Steinway & Sons will include:
- The history of Steinway & Sons, from its founding in 1853 by German immigrant Henry Engelhard Steinway, to producing nearly 3,000 pianos annually, all of which are hand-crafted
- A virtual trip through the factory using rare photos and videos to see the process of creating a piano from beginning to end, from bending the raw wood, to veneering, to final tuning
- A discussion around the newly-released Spirio, the world’s finest high-resolution player piano that provides an unrivaled musical experience indistinguishable from a live performance
- A look at the factory’s Vault, a secret showroom behind a biometric door lock featuring Steinway’s collection of rarest pianos in an acoustically sensitive setting
- The story behind Steinway’s custom-built midtown showroom, Steinway Hall, which opened in 2016 and is now the third historic Steinway Hall in NYC history
Afterward, we’ll have a Q&A with Anthony — any and all questions about Steinway & Sons are welcomed and encouraged! $10.
Can’t make it live? Don’t worry, you’ll have access to the full replay for one week!
See you there, virtually!