Women’s History Month: Film Night at the Brooklyn Museum
Where: Brooklyn Museum
200 Eastern Parkway (Washington Ave.)
718-638-5000 Price: $16 general Museum admission included
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
Close out Women’s History Month with an evening of new short films. These boundary-pushing Brooklyn filmmakers decenter the male gaze to explore themes of self-representation and the construction of femininity. After the screenings, stay for a Q&A with filmmakers.
- Talking While Female (Kelli Anderson for NPR, 5 min.)
- Dangerous Curves (Merete Mueller, 2016, 12 min.)
- Fran This Summer (Mary Evangelista, 2018, 10 min.)
- Agua Viva (Alexa Lim Haas, 2018, 7 min.)
- Ice Cold (Sekiya Dorsett, 2018, 14 min.)
- Mami y Yo y Mi Gallito (Arisleyda Dilone, 2015, 16 min.)
- Hair Wolf (Mariama Diallo, 2018, 12 min.)
To request accommodations such as assistive listening devices, American Sign Language interpretation, and open captioning, email us at [email protected].
Image caption and credit: Still from Hair Wolf (Mariama Diallo, 2018, 12 min.). (Photo: Courtesy of Mariama Diallo)Buy tickets/get more info now