Virtual Exploration of Temple Emanu-El, NYC’s Art Deco Synagogue
Where: Temple Emanu-El
1 E. 65th St.
888-718-4253 Price: $10
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
Once you’ve seen one house of worship, you’ve seen ’em all, right? Not quite! It’s time to peek inside a historic synagogue on Fifth Avenue to see one of the most incredible religious sanctuaries in all of New York, the United States, and perhaps the world.
Led by licensed NYC guide Michael Morgenthal, who went to a yeshiva just blocks away from the temple, our experience surrounding this majestic Art Deco temple dating back to 1929 will include:
- The history and story behind Temple Emanu-El, and its notable Fifth Avenue plot within New York City
- A detailed look at the main sanctuary, which includes a 175-foot long hand painted & gilded ceiling, Guastavino-tiled walls, more than 60 stained glass windows, original Hildreth Meière mosaic works, and 2,500 seats that have an unobstructed view of the ark
- A virtual walkthrough of smaller sanctuaries hidden throughout the temple, one of which contain rare Tiffany stained glass
- Rare photos showcasing rooms in the temple that haven’t been touched since 1929
- A discussion around the temple museum with original artifacts
Afterward, we’ll have a Q&A with Mike — any and all questions about Temple Emanu-El are welcomed and encouraged!
See you there, virtually! $10.
*Immediately upon registering, you will receive a separate, automated email containing the link to join this webinar
**For the best possible viewing experience, please ensure you’re using the latest version of your internet browser — Google Chrome is the most compatible. Exact technical requirements and a webinar user guide will be shared in the automated confirmation email upon registration.
***A full replay of the experience will be available to all registered guests for up to a weekBuy tickets/get more info now