The Myths of Motherhood
Where: 92nd Street Y
1395 Lexington Ave.
212-415-5500 Price: $45
Buy tickets/get more info now
See other events in these categories:
Have you ever asked yourself “Why does having a baby feel so hard?” Or looked at the image of a mother and baby on a Pampers box and wonder why you are not having that same picture-perfect moment always, or ever?
These are some examples of the myths of motherhood—the ideas and beliefs we have about becoming a mother—until it actually happens. This workshop series will explore these myths including:
- Loss or shift in identity
- Feelings of ambivalence
- What it means to surrender
- Changes in your relationship with your partner
- Feeling overwhelmed, anxious, hopeless, or irritable
- Embracing the concept of “the good enough mother”